Saturday, May 14, 2016

Clay Club Hits The Road



Clay Club Joins the Warren Summer Camp        

BIG NEWS!!!!!! Clay Club will be hitting the road this summer!
I have been running an after school Clay Club in Moretown for several years.  Every year the kids look forward to it.   And every year I forgot how much they love it!  Each Tuesday after school they are lined up at the art room door, all smiles, waiting for me and eager to get started.   This summer I will be joining the Mad Mountaineers and their crew at the Warren School to bring clay club to more kids in the valley!  I can't wait to share this experience with more children.  The location and warmer weather should bring along opportunity for more clay installs and an epic experience for kids this summer.  Check out the The Mad Mountaineers for more info at  https://www.facebook.com/madmountaineers Jesse has been doing some great work with kids and I am honored to join him this summer!




Whats been Happening in Clay Club     

We have had a blast this spring at Clay Club.    We have been busy creating and installing different work talking about primitive toys and play, and making pottery with simple tools.  This year while we were making our simple press mold plates a kiddo said to me "but we aren't allowed to really put food in these right?"  This child is a Clay Club veteran so it was disheartening to say the least that there is still such a huge stigma for pottery being toxic for food.  I have been inspired to add a new lesson to Clay Club.  This session we will be breaking thru that stigma and ending our time together with a picnic snack served on our very own creations!  We will talk about pottery, art and the role it can play in our life.  I am so excited to open this door to the world of "pots in action" with my crew!  I am looking forward to exploring together why art is important in life and how pots can be art for daily living! 































No comments:

Post a Comment